I’m a Holistic Wellness Therapist: Here’s How To Be More Mindful TodayFebruary 29, 2016 11:34 am
This week, we’ve collaborated with the incredibly inspiring Holistic Wellness Therapist and our good friend Trish Nugent to share some of her top tips for incororating mindfulness in to your every day routine. It’s so easy to get caught up in the stresses that modern life and spend so much time worrying about the past or the future: When really, all we need to be focusing on is the present. We cannot change what has happened and can’t control what is going to happen in the future, so why do we waste so much of our energy on them? Mindfulness is all about just being – and ultimately resulting in a calmer, more relaxed and generally happier self.
Check out Trish’s website right here… www.Quimindfulwellbeing.co.uk
Hi Filmorites… Trish here!
As I’m going to be sharing more Mindfulness tips on the Filmore blog in the coming weeks – I thought I would tell you a little bit about me and what I do…
My love affair with Meditation and Eastern philosophies began over twenty years ago whilst working, travelling (and having some fun) in South East Asia. Since then, I have extensively studied and practiced Meditative methods including training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. Having experienced the many lasting benefits of this including getting through some very stressful periods in my life I have a yearning to share this awesome way of being. Now as a Holistic Wellbeing Therapist and Coach I bring Mindfulness methods into all of my work and attempt to live a mindfully aware life. Not always that easy! But definitely worth the effort. I’ve presented many classes and workshops on the subject and I’m currently working towards a master’s degree. I am very happy to be sharing with you my tips and ideas for you too to experience the Mindful Life. It may just be the change you’re looking for.
And here are my easy five top tips for mindfulness to incorporate in to your every day life!
1. Be patient. Slow down! There is no striving, no goals to reach. Get a favourite cushion/a chair/a mat. Just sit, just breathe; see what happens.
2. Pick one task a day to practice being mindful. Washing the dishes, sorting your desk, showering. The list is endless.
3. Be kind to yourself and compassionate to others. The heart of the practice. Watch your inner critic and the words you use.
4. Befriend your breath. Your breath is your support. Learn to breathe deeply.
5. Practice with a friend (a mind buddy) Best of all in a group to share your experiences, keep learning and remain curious.
Hope to just BE with you soon!