RECIPE: CUCUMBER + AVOCADO GAZPACHOAugust 25, 2016 1:27 pm
Well, we have to say August… You have been pretty damn good to us! We’ve been taking every opportunity to feast al fresco – and lately we just can’t get ENOUGH of this dreamy cucumber gazpacho. It’s incredibly effortless to prepare, yet oozes with elegance; perfect for making for your guests whilst you soak up the summer rays. We recommend serving with fresh crusty rye or sourdough bread… SO GOOD!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small handfuls fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 creamy ripe avocado
- 1 cucumber (skin on)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- Start by making the oil to drizzle on top! In a blender, combine the olive oil and roughly 1 handful of basil. Put to the side whilst you prep the gazpacho.
- In a blender, combine remaining the basil with the avocado and cucumber, onion, water, lime, and salt, blending until nice and smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge until it’s all ready to serve!
- Garnish with your homemade herb oil, fresh cucumber ribbons and crunchy seeds for added texture. Enjoy!