RECIPE: KALE PANCAKES!February 16, 2015 9:18 am
Pancake Day has got to be one of THE best days of the year right? This Tuesday (17th Feb), we’re giving our pancakes a cheeky little twist and adding our super veg of the month to them – our beloved kale!
“Green pancakes?!” we hear you cry… Don’t be put off by the colour, these buckwheat beauties taste amazing stacked up with lashings of homemade hummus, cherry tomatoes, lemon and olive oil… Who would’ve guessed it?
They’re also 100% gluten free, dairy free and vegan! Give them a go and let us know what you think…
- 3 handfuls fresh kale
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder powder
- Finely minced garlic
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine the flaxseed with the warm water and pop in the fridge so it turns in to a gel.
- Blitz the kale and flax gel in a blender until smooth before adding in the buckwheat flour, baking powder, garlic and sea salt so they’re all mixed well together.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a pan on a low heat and add one tablespoon of the mix (to make 1 pancake). Flip once until cooked through. Do this until you have used up all the mix and enjoy!