RECIPE: OAT, CRANBERRY + DARK CHOCOLATE COOKIESDecember 13, 2016 4:18 pm
We have met so many flustered Filmorites come in to our stores of a much needed chill out and refuel over the past few weeks, and we don’t blame them! Any one else feeling like the whole madness of Christmas shopping is just a little too much? Whilst shop bought presents are lovely to unwrap on the big day (we’re definitely not denying that!), we also think that homemade gifts that have been prepped with love are what mean the most.
This year, we’ll making our loved ones these irresistible oat, cranberry and dark chocolate cookies – oozing with festive flavours that are perfect with a comforting cup of hot chocolate. Plus – we’ve kept the recipe gluten free; so if you have any friends who have a sweet tooth but a sensitive stomach, then these may just be the perfect present to put in a jar!
TIP: Tie gingham ribbon or brown string for that added personal touch… Simple, but oh SO effective!
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups jumbo oats (choose gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted organic butter or coconut oil for dairy free
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees, before lining a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Lightly brush with oil and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and egg for 2 minutes.
- Pour the wet mix in to the dry and fold in the cranberries, chocolate chips and walnuts if using.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the dough and drop each spoonful in to the cookie sheet. Bake for roughly 12 minutes until golden, then leave to cool.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy as and when!