RECIPE OF THE WEEK: MINI BANANA PANCAKES WITH STRAWBERRIES AND MAPLE SYRUPJune 11, 2015 4:47 pm
These tiny flat cakes are made using only two ingredients – eggs and banana! So not only are they super simple and easy to make but they’re gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Perfect for a wholesome breakfast, weekend lunch or after-dinner treat. Bursting with antioxidants and vitamin C, these pancakes are an all-round health booster, and great for summer.
You could even mix in a little whey protein, or scatter with seeds or nuts for an extra boost of goodness.
This recipe makes 6 small pancakes
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp coconut oil
Handful of strawberries
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Peel and mash the banana and whisk the eggs separately before combining (add whey protein now, if desired).
2. Warm a large, non-stick frying pan to a medium heat with half a tsp of coconut oil.
3. Pour three small amounts of batter individually around the pan and cook for a few minutes or until browned underneath.
4. Flip and brown the other side. Repeat the process with more coconut oil for the second batch.
5. Plate the pancakes up and drizzle with maple syrup before scattering with sliced strawberries. Delicious!