RECIPE: PUMPKIN PROTEIN BALLSOctober 19, 2016 2:45 pm
With Halloween coming up, we’re all about the healthy treats… No tricks!
If you’re in need of a little sweet snack inspiration – then these pumpkin energy balls are hands down your new to go recipe. Keep these bites of pure heaven in the fridge, ready for you whenever that sugar craving creeps in come the afternoon slump. We LOVE all the Autumn flavours (think pumpkin, cinnamon and ginger) and we think you guys will be pretty in to them, too…
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ pumpkin, cubed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs (optional)
1. Start by steaming the pumpkin until soft, and puree using a hand blender or blender. Set aside and leave to cool completely.
2. Next, combine all the ingredients except the cacao nibs in a food processor until smooth. Add in the cacao nibs and stir up.
3. Roll in to small balls and leave to set in the fridge before digging in!