RECIPE: TURKEY BURGERFebruary 20, 2015 3:03 pm
Turkey is one of our favourites at Filmore – it’s high in protein and low in saturated fat so it burns more calories and keeps you fuller for longer, meaning you are less likely to fall prey to snack attacks later on and also helps repair muscles…RESULT!
Try our recipe for ‘Blast Off Turkey Burgers’ in wholemeal pitta bread with avocado and rocket…
½ red onion, chopped
Large handful of chopped fresh basil and parsley
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1.5 tsp. fennel seeds toasted and crushed
1.5 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
Tiny pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
450 kg dark turkey meat or ground turkey breast
Wholemeal Pitta Bread
Mashed Avocado (contains potassium which is essential for muscle growth)
• Mix the chopped red onion with the basil, parsley, tomato paste, garlic, fennel seeds, oregano, lemon zest, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a large bowl
• Add the turkey and gently mix
• Shape the mixture into 6 round burgers
• Heat a pan to medium heat and brush the base with rapeseed oil then cook the burgers until they’re browned on both sides.
• Decrease the heat to low then add 2tbsp water, cover the pan to steam inside for approx 3-4 minutes or finish off in the oven to cook through.
• Serve in the pitta with avocado and leaves.