RECIPE: THE ULTIMATE BEETROOT PESTOOctober 13, 2016 3:29 pm
As you guys know, we are TOTAL pesto lovers. Our hummus and eggs on toast simply wouldn’t be complete with out our homemade signature pesto, and we love adding it to our daily specials for a hit of Italian goodness. As we’re focusing on beetroot right now – we thought we’d get a little experimental in the kitchen and create a pesto sauce with it! Now this… This is something else. Make a jar and keep in the fridge to add to pretty much anything you like. Enjoy, Filmorites!
- 1 cup cooked beetroot
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper, to season
- Simply combine the beetroot, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts and garlic in a food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Then throw in the parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and continue to blend, seasoning with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in to pasta, spread on to toast with eggs or dip crudites in for the ultimate seasonal flavour fix!
*Can be substituted with parmesan