RECIPE: BONFIRE NIGHT CHILLI!November 2, 2017 9:12 am
Think about it: Bonfire night is actually pretty magical. When else is it that we all go out in the night to watch the most beautiful firework displays whilst warming our hands on bonfires and hot tea from paper cups? There’s something so cosy and nostalgic about the whole event - and our favourite food to cook for the night always reflects that homely feeling: Chilli Con Carne.
Hearty, natural and a total crowd pleaser… You cannot go wrong with a big bowl of chilli to fill a jacket potato or pair with rice for the ultimate festive feed to get you in the bonfire night spirit. Our recipe is super simple to make and will leave the whole family satisfied! Get your cook on this weekend, Filmorites… We’re in for a BANG!
- 500g extra lean steak mince
- 1 red pointed pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 400g tin organic red kidney beans
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp low sodium bouillion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- ½ dried herbs (rosemary, oregano + basil work well)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 300ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by heating the oil in large pan and then add in the onion, allowing it to cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Thow in the red pepper, garlic, herbs and spices and cook for a further few minutes to let the aromas come out.
- Crank up the heat to medium and add in the minced beef - cooking until browned and using a big spoon to separate it up.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, bouillion, water and salt and pepper to taste before bringing to the boil, then covering to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now just add in the kidney beans simmer (uncovered) for an extra 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and serve up!